By now, you either have a snuggly baby in your arms OR… you are 40 weeks pregnant. The statistics tell me that about 50% of you are still waiting. Great! Misery loves company, right?
AND, IF ANOTHER PERSON CALLS TO ASK IF YOU’VE GIVEN BIRTH YET… GAHHHH! Like you’re not gonna let them know.
For those who delivered: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the greatest job on earth!! Now go get some sleep, we’ll talk later. 😉
For those who are still waiting – ack! I know, right? Lucie was eight days late and Alice was TWELVE freaking days late, so I can totally commiserate! Every day feels like an eternity.
SO, for you I have (drum roll please)…
10 Things to Do When You’re Waiting to Give Birth
1. Organize your MP3s and music collection.
3. Locate the closest library, get a library card, and an activity schedule. Find out if they have a lap sit (or “rhyme time”) for infants.
4. Read a couple of really great books (or better yet, get them at the aforementioned library, which you just joined…).
5. Research local mothers groups in your area and join! ** A total lifesaver!!! (If a Google search fails you, just ask moms who you see walking down the street.) Don’t neglect to do this!
6. Get your hair/nails done (while you still can, mwaaaaa!). (Ok, I’ll stop. Seriously.)
7. Read the Postpartum section of my website. =)
8. Sign up for the Amazon Family program to get super cheap diapers and wipes.
9. Go to Trader Joe’s and stock up on freezer meals (LOVE that place…).
10. Do a puzzle. Like, one of the really difficult ones where all 1,000 pieces are the same color. And the same shape.
All right, ladies, I will see you on the other side.
You can do this ~ be not afraid!!!
(The other side is this great place where you can actually tie your shoes without assistance. On the other side… there is SUSHI and soft cheese. And wine, my God, the booze is simply amazing (once it hits your lips…). There’s UNCOOKED lunch meat. And hot tubs. Belly sleeping. Dangerous ladder-standing… did I mention the booze?)
*** Ladies (and Dads/partners!), thank you for letting me share this amazing journey with you. You will start receiving postpartum emails next week — we are working on the rest of the Year 1 emails, but they are a bit sporadic. Bear with me and keep in touch on Facebook.
Miss something or want to read ahead? Here’s the newsletter archive (shhhh, don’t tell anyone).
Good luck with your labor and delivery!!! May God be with you (whoever your God may be, or not be).
Love ya ~
Sincerely, Meg Collins
Editor, Lucie’s List