Hey there folks –
This is Meg Collins, your flight attendant speaking. Hoh-my-gad — I cannot believe Lucie’s List is about to turn TEN years old (gulp)!
With this milestone birthday, we wanted a fresh look and a new “home.” After all, we have so much more to offer now than just baby gear and snarky humor.
We’ve come a long way from the days of working out of my little apartment in San Francisco; I now have a staff of seven amazing moms (and two incredible dads — Rich and Anand — on the tech side) who do everything from social media to technical research to editing and everything in between.
While following our guiding principles (making life easier for parents, keeping it honest and real, and not selling out to the man), we’ve been able to expand our content and audience.
Here’s what’s new:
- Twins/Multiples Content – with our dedicated Twin’s Editor at the helm (Marissa Bader), we now have an email list just for multiples, gear guides, product reviews and twin parent topics just for you!
- Grandparent Content – We now have 3 complete guides for helping first time grandparents gear up for a new baby, prep for toddler visits, and babyproof their homes to make things safe and fun for visits.
- 2nd Time Mom/Parent Content – We now have a 4-part series for 2nd time parents, including Mentally Preparing for Baby #2, Gearing Up, Labor and Delivery, and Managing Two Kids.
- Behavioral Content– Oh, the tantrums! Our medical research expert, Brit Cowgill, has augmented our “What’s Normal Behavior for a 1, 2, and 3 year old” series, including Discipline Basics and Tactical Tips for Managing Unwanted Behavior.
- Fresh Product Reviews – Our hip new Managing Editor in Brooklyn, Charlène Barkulis, is always on the lookout for cool new gear and trends. She’s currently writing a Pregnancy Skincare Guide, reviewing the Bugaboo Ant and the Mockingbird Stroller (coming soon), and she generally keeps us (cough: me) young.
- Preschooler Content – Backpacks, lunch boxes, booster seats – and more to come this Winter!
- Socio-Emotional Content – We’re very focused on bringing you the latest on topics that affect our kids, including anxiety in kids, screen time and technology, internet safety, bullying and more. Stay tuned for more of this in the very near future!
- Social Media — Heather Reed, our social media manager, brings us topics that matter on Facebook and now on Instagram. Join us on Instagram!
- Maternity Fashion – Heather Kersten, with 14 years of experience in fashion, keeps pregnant mamas on-trend and looking their best. Check out our updates for Fall/Winter 2019.
- Love List 2.0 — Sometimes, in life, you find something you absolutely love and want to share it with the world. This is that.
I’m not sure which of these I’m most excited about. All of it!!
We’ve stayed alive, despite tremendous competition from offshore mass-publishing sites and other competitors with deep pockets, by word of mouth from readers like you. If you’re able, please refer a friend to Lucie’s List.
Thank you, dear parents, for your emails, social posts/comments, and support you’ve given us over the years. We all consider ourselves extremely lucky to serve you.
What do you want us to write about? Please leave a comment below!