Updated March 2019
“What do you mean you don’t have any bottles???” – Meg’s mom, after bringing Lucie home from the hospital (I was a little blasé about the whole thing — sue me).
Are you feeling unprepared? Not to worry, there is a lot of gear that you can WAIT on: strollers, high chairs, a crib, blah blah blah. You can get this stuff later, I promise.
But there ARE a few things you probably do want from Day 1.
- An Infant (or convertible) car seat – to bring home baby from the hospital (unless you are taking a donkey or the subway)
- A swing and/or bouncer (ok, not totally essential but REALLY nice to have)
- An infant tub and some baby soap
- A place to sleep
- Diapers, wipes, & waterproof pads
- A diaper pail (or some receptacle to put dirty diapers)
- Some formula (just in case)
- A good night light
- Baby clothes
- For breastfeeding moms: nursing bras and nursing pads
Those are the bare essentials; everything else can wait if need be! Almost there, mama!!!
Did you miss?